Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sunshine & Rain

We enjoyed our Valentine's dinner at Grandma & Grandpa Nielsen's house and I enjoyed helping mom and dad frosten the pretty heart cookies.  Madelyn mostly liked the butter, frosting, and sprinkles.  Madelyn had fun, as always, with her cousins Jack and Austin.  We sure will miss you guys when you go.  :-(  Usually very cheerful Christopher was all pouts until uncle Michael got big smiles and laughs out of him.  He answered and giggled at all of uncle Michael's questions too, so cute!

We've been getting some very good rainfall lately, which is good but not so good for outdoor play.  I think Madelyn is starting to go a little coo coo since we took her out of pre-school and it's been mostly just mom and dad since, like practically everyone I talk to, Madelyn and Christopher have had a bad cold/flu thing since the beginning of the month.

Yesterday James and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary and my honey treated me to some excellent lobster that he bought just for me.  What a sweetie.  He sure does bend over backwards for me.  I love you too James!

We finally got lots of beautiful sunshine today so James took the kids for a very long walk.  Madelyn did so good on her new big-girl bike, even up and down all the big hills.  Christopher even calmed down for the walk and took a little nap, he sure does love to keep moving.  While his big sister is getting well over her cold, Christopher has been getting worse so we finally took him to the Dr today and were sent home with a nebulizer thingy but he sure does act like he's felt better after his first two treatments.  Hang in there little guy, we've missed your constant smiles.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

It has been raining a lot, but it makes the sun so much more beautiful and bright!

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to leave you out of my post in January! I am so sorry! I'm including everyone in the family when I write because I am supposed to write what I know. Hope the baby and princess mada and all of you get better. I love you...peace

Anonymous said...

well, you've moved, James is home from the hospital and life can finally peacefully move on after the stress of moving and James' illness. It's hard when life sends u those gut wrenching trials. But things r settling down so get another update on your site.

love,
mom